WordPress plugins allow you to extend your default WordPress installation with almost any kind of functionality, you can download a vast collection of plugins from the WordPress plugin repository or you can create your own.
In today’s post I wanted to focus on quality tutorials and resources that I have found useful to reference whilst learning how to build WordPress plugins. The tutorials I have included are thorough and well written and in Gilbert Pellegrom case – he has included a whole plugin boilerplate, which although not a tutorial – a seriously good resource to take a look at.
Table of Contents
- Building a Dynamic Custom Post Type Plugin
- Random Quote Plugin With Custom Post Type
- Building a Client Testimonials Slider Plugin
- Build a Slideshow Plugin for WordPress
- WordPress Plugin Boilerplate
- Create WordPress Plugins with OOP Techniques
- How to Create Your Very First WordPress Plugin
- WordPress Essentials: How To Create A WordPress Plugin
- Ten Things Every WordPress Plugin Developer Should Know