If you run a small business and want it to be successful in the world of online marketing, now is the time to tap into the power of using proven search engine optimization (SEO) techniques. Below you’ll find just three of many SEO tips that you can use to keep your small business going and growing in the online domain:
1. Know Your Audience.
If you’re serious about getting found by the individuals who are most likely to want the products and services provided by your company, it’s important to really know about your audience. Luckily, there’s a relatively straightforward SEO methodology you can use to gain information about these individuals: target market research. With this form of research, you’ll obtain data regarding your target market in some or all of the following categories:
• Demographic (this includes things like income, gender, age, family size, etc.)
• Geographic (such as neighborhood, region, city, state, etc.)
• Psychographic (includes life stage, personal values, lifestyle, social class)
• Behaviouristic (covers factors like attitudes, loyalty, buying patterns)
Once you’ve attained this information, you’ll be able to structure your online content in a way that will draw the target market in and get them really curious about your brand.
2. Create Linkable, Shareable Content.
The more times your content is shared and/or linked to, the more authoritative it becomes to major search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo. With this idea in mind, make sure that you focus on creating incredible content. Key questions to consider as you put your content together include:
• Is it information-rich?
• Is it engaging?
• Did I answer a question or create controversy?
• Am I discussing a topic that is of current importance?
• Do I support my arguments with facts and reputable references?
• Am I using authoritative links?
• Is the content scannable?
3. Find Out What Competitors Are Doing.
In addition to creating incredible content, make sure that you take the time to figure out what your competitors are doing. This step is important because it will empower you to implement strategies that are working for them. As you analyze your top competitors, make sure that you’re carefully considering their inbound/outbound linking methodology. Some factors to consider include:
• quality and quantity of their incoming links
• how the competitor ranks in the SERPs
• the MozRank or Google PageRank for linking pages
• which keywords appear in the linking page’s title
• the popularity of the linking page (measured by mentions and links)
Don’t Delay: Start Using These SEO Strategies Today!
If you’re serious about making your small business an ecommerce success, begin thinking strategically now. By implementing some or all of the SEO strategies outlined above, you’ll likely find that your company’s conversion rates go from average to exceptional!