A major goal of any online ecommerce business is to have your website listed high in SEO (search engine results). That’s the way to generate traffic to your site that, of course, can lead to a greater number of sales. Not only will an ecommerce platform make all the difference, but it is most important that the platform you choose to use runs smoothly and helps to make search engines such as Google find you. For that reason, you certainly want one of the best SEO ecommerce platforms, and perhaps one of these platforms will suit your needs.
Of all the ecommerce platforms available on the market, Magento is one of the best currently used around the world. It is both an open-source and free platform with a design that blends effortlessly with numerous features for your site such as the integration of PayPal. With the Magento platform, you are able to customize your site to create a user experience that is what you want it to be and also make changes to you site at any time as well.
For many reasons, Magento is valuable in terms of SEO. It allows you to customize how your website looks, and the changes you make can directly influence your SEO.
Furthermore, search engines such as Google are able to find your site with the Magento platform due to the following factors:
• Distinctive Page Titles – One of the most important factors for search engines to find your website is unquestionably the title of your pages. These titles are the names that show up on the search results pages of Google and the tabs of your web browser as well. Google sees your page titles first, and, therefore, it is the titles that assists them in contextualizing and ranking your page.
By incorporating key words into your title, you will maximize your page titles’ effectiveness. For instance, if you’re selling fashionable ladies’ boots, you could title your page “Gorgeous Fashionable Ladies’ Boots” followed by the brand name. The point is that the content of this title tells the users both what to expect on the page and the company that published it.
Customized Meta Descriptions: A great way to attract visitors to your site is to have a Meta description that is well-written and below the URL on the Google listing. The Meta description informs prospective customers about what can be expected on your page, and you don’t have to necessarily include keywords in it for it to be successful.
The Integration of Blogging – A large number of independent developers have built extensions and plugins for Magento due to its being open-sourced. The huge variety of available options makes it possible for the modular Magento platform to be whatever the website owner wants it to be. In addition, new content can be added to your website on a regular basis with the blogging extensions included in the options.
The adding of new content sends signals to the search engines including Google indicating that your website is active. Updating your site frequently not only reminds search engines to index your site but also prompts them to find and rank your pages as well.
By using WooCommerce, your blog can become an online store. Being a free ecommerce plugin that is built to be used seamlessly with WordPress makes it possible for you to do this with WooCommerce. You will be able to sell anything anywhere. In addition, because WooCommerce is a plugin, you can combine it with other plugins including programs that are specifically created to be extensions.
When considering WooCommerce’s SEO advantage, you will find that it’s possible for its advantage to be what you want it to be. One reason is that you have more freedom with WooCommerce since it is specifically built to be used with the WordPress platform that is most customizable.
Similar to Magento, WooCommerce is also modular, but with WooCommerce there is no need to code or program anything. You just download it and use it. That’s all there is to it.
If you choose to use WooCommerce because of its being easy to use, purchasing the Yoast SEO plugin will improve your site’s SEO by providing the following:
• An improvement in the social media sharing experience such as with Pinterest
• Ensures that the things needed in the sitemap will be in the map and excludes things that aren’t necessary from the map
• An option to use Yoast SEO plugin breadcrumbs that are highly configurable and better than the WooCommerce SEO breadcrumbs
• Ensures that the SEO block of the Yoast SEO plugin on the edit page is below the WooCommerce content block.
Shopify is a popular paid platform used by retailers throughout the world. Its popularity is due to its integration of many shopping options that include online, mobile and social media into one package that is both easy-to-use and convenient.
Although Shopify is not open-source, it does have a great deal of SEO potential. This is because users have gained a lot more power over the past years due to changes that were made to the Shopify platform. Their customers having ranked well online have been able to successfully build their businesses.
The Shopify changes include:
• Alt Tags Added – Alt tags are needed for SEO because search engines aren’t able to read items on your site that are not text. For instance, Google doesn’t know what audio, video, or photo are. Alt tags that are short descriptions of something on your site tells Google what it is. The result of the alt tags use is you will rank higher with Google.
• Canonicalization – If you have several pages on your site with the same content, Google gets confused. It simply doesn’t know which one to rank and, therefore, splits the ranking. For instance, if there are two pages with the same content, neither will rank well. With the use of canonicalization, Google will find only one page and, therefore, rank it better by ranking only it.