Most people now equate mobile marketing with online marketing. More people use smartphones than laptop and desktop computers. In the past couple of years, Google started to test for a mobile-first strategy. When the search engine started to use the index, Google looked to your mobile website to determine your online rankings before they look at your website’s desktop version.
If you don’t have either a mobile website at all or have a poorly optimized one, the page will slip deep down into Google’s search results. But note that many mobile SEO methods can get completed by you.
If you have online content that doesn’t perform well across mediums, you won’t engage your audience as you should. Like regular SEO, mobile SEO tags and creates content in a way that sets you apart from your competitors. This list of DIY mobile SEO tips will allow you to stand out from the other business owners in your niche.
- Create Online ListingsYou can easily create a Google My Business account for free. Complete the provided form with all of the required information and include any pertinent images if you can. When web surfers look for your company on Google, they will probably see this data first.
- Look at Directory Listings On A Regular BasisWeb surfers will use a lot of websites to locate businesses, so you will need to go beyond Google My Business to get new customers. Look for your company listings online and update them when needed. Some of the directory websites that you visit regularly include the following:
- Angie’s List
- Better Business Bureau
When you make it a point to update listings on directory websites, you will do your part to ensure that web surfers get the right data when they find you online.
- Get Active On Social Media ChannelsPeople tend to visit social media websites on their smartphones more than any other type of online destination. Over 80 percent of people do the bulk of their social media activity on their phones. To get in front of future customers, make social media your priority. Engage with users, use advertising methods specific to the platform, and post on a regular basis to best use the power of social media.
- Remember the PluginsIf you have a WordPress website, ensure that you take advantage of its plugins. These plugins exist to make your mobile website easy to use. You can get plugins to optimize site images, amp up site speed, and other SEO activities.
- Take Advantage of Your KeywordsPeople search differently on their smartphones than they do on their laptops. To get your content seen, optimize for mobile searchers whenever possible. You could buy software that will help you find the right keywords for your situation. If you want free tools, you can try Google’s Search Analytics.
- Make Sure That You Optimize Website ImagesOptimize the pictures on your website so that mobile users can easily access them. If you decide not to use a plugin to help with your website’s images, you can select the ones that cause problems and use available tools to change the image dimensions so that the page loads as it should.
- Make Your Content Mobile FriendlyMany searchers read content on their smartphones in a different way from laptops. When creating articles and blog posts, make them scan-friendly. Don’t release this content until you perform an A/B testing protocol. This testing will determine which of your content types perform better on smartphones.
- Make Content For Local SearchesYou might not want to do advance code optimizations by yourself, but you can do a few simple tasks on your own. You can optimize for local internet searches by putting your company’s city and state in your title tags, your H1 heading, your web address, and your meta descriptions.