SEO strategies are an essential part of a successful internet marketing campaign.
The following actionable SEO tips will help you boost your company’s profile on the internet.
1. Implement a social media strategy.
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn are the most popular social media sites in the world. These platforms offer small businesses access to billions of people around the world. It only makes sense for you to create profiles on these sites.
Take these actions to develop a winning social media strategy for your business.
- Establish business pages on social media sites that attract customers who are likely to engage in business with your company.
- Define your social media goals.
- Create a content plan and publishing schedule.
2. Promote local media coverage of your business.
There is no shortage of media outlets throughout the world. One of your goals should be to attract media coverage from those outlets and get featured on their websites. Here are some things that you can do to make this happen.
- Send a press release about your products and services to local bloggers and media outlets.
- Get active in your community.
- Sponsor an event for a local charity and send an email to a reporter that provides details about the event.
3. Create profiles for your business on local listings.
This tip will enable your business to be seen by the people who need your services. Take these steps to implement this strategy.
- Create a Google My Business Profile.
- Claim your local listing profiles on Yelp, YP, Facebook and Yellow Book.
4. Optimize your website with keywords that are relevant to your business.
Here are the guidelines for selecting appropriate keywords.
- Keywords should represent your company’s identity.
- Use the keywords on your site in a natural manner.
- Resist the urge to overuse keywords on your site in an effort to rank on search engines.
5. Develop a link strategy on your website.
Sharing links with authority sites gets your business noticed. Here are some ways to build a successful link strategy.
- Provide links on your social media pages.
- Exchange links with related businesses.
6. Create and maintain a blog.
Blogs are an excellent way for you to add fresh content to your site. The benefits of blogging include:
- Increase traffic on your website
- Establish your business as an industry leader
- Increase your site’s SEO
Take the following actions to start your blog.
- Make a list of ideas and themes for your blog’s content.
- Add social media ‘like’ and ‘share’ buttons to your blog’s platform.
- Research bloggers in your company’s niche and contact them.
7. Include quality content on your site.
At this moment, there are billions of pages of content on the internet. Unfortunately, a large percentage of the content is rehashed from books, web pages and reports.
When you create content, your goal should be to provide your readers with a fresh perspective on your topic. One way to do this is by providing your readers with well-researched content.
Take the following actions to develop content that is worth reading.
- Brainstorm a list of topics that might be interesting to your readers.
- Include videos, infographics and pictures to increase engagement with your readers.
- Create a blog schedule and stick to it.
These actionable tips will help you easily get ranked by search engines.