“Small business owners have the World Wide Web, which is the most effective marketing tool. If you have a phone and/or laptop, you can access all of planet Earth. When you mix this gargantuan power with marketing, you end up with a whole lot of opportunity. As a small business owner, you should never take this power for granted. That’s why this article will give you 5 SEO tips that you can use for business marketing purposes.
- Keep The Design Of Your Website Simple – It’s bad enough that busy and cluttered websites are visually unappealing. They will also exasperate new site visitors who want to search for a specific thing. If they don’t find what they’re looking for, they will leave rather than wade through countless links and pages on an unwieldy interface. Almost everyone has experienced this at one time or another while doing a search on Google. No one in this day and age likes messed up websites with tons of useless links and no clear way to find whatever it is you want.When creating a website for your business, keep it clean with easy options for site users. If your website has happy site visitors, there is a good chance that they will turn into happier customers later.
- Carefully Pick Your Domain Name – You already have your business name. If your business name is available as a domain, then you should just go with that. If it is taken, create a domain that has your business name, plus a short word or phrase that makes sense for your business. For example, if you own a New Jersey hair salon called Jackie’s Hair Salon, your domain could be www. JackiesHairSalonNJ.com . Another option would be creating a domain that current and potential customers will remember. To go with our previous example, Jackie from New Jersey could have as her domain name JackieDoesKillerHairNJ.com.
- Always Create Original Content – When you create original content for your business website, you will set yourself apart from your industry peers. Original content also gives you a sense of authority in the all-knowing eyes of Google. If you’re doing what everyone else is doing online, you’ll craft for yourself a weak online presence. This won’t do your online reputation any favors.While you do want to create original content whenever possible, what you do not want to do is copy content from other people. Doing so will get you penalized by Google.
- Gain A Presence On Social Media – Social media networks like Twitter, Facebook, and Snapchat are powerful mediums for small business owners. This is especially true for small business owners who operate locally. You can gain new customers by creating content for people in your local area. For example, if you own a pet store in San Diego, CA, you can gain an online presence by making content geared towards pet owners and wannabe pet lovers in San Diego. Many business owners try to cast a wide net by making content that ignores their local area. When you create locally focused content, you will have a lot less competition.
- Get Help – When it comes to SEO, there are times where it’s best to leave the job to the experts. While it’s a good idea to know the basics of launching an SEO campaign for your business, some parts of search engine optimization are too time-consuming for a newbie to master. When hiring a professional, make sure that they only use white hat SEO tactics in their campaigns. You should also talk to former clients of any professionals you’re considering for the job. Lastly, ask a lot of questions to ensure that the professional really understands your business. A consummate expert won’t consider these questions pesky.