All business owners should have some proper search engine optimization (SEO) tips in their back pocket. This blog post will give you ten of them. SEO changes regularly, so you have to keep up-to-date with all of Google’s algorithm changes and their best practices.
SEO operates as an activity that every website should do. When you optimize your website for search engines like Google and Yahoo!, you make it more likely that you’ll rank high for your main keywords. This increased attention means that you’ll get more traffic to your website.
SEO isn’t exactly the hardest thing you can do for your website. However, you should know that a thin line stands between black hat SEO and white hat SEO. When you use white hat SEO tactics, you use methods that Google agreed were fair for webmasters to use. Black hat SEO tactics go against the Google Webmaster guidelines. If you care about the health of your website, you should never do black hat SEO tactics.
This blog post will give you ten ways that you can do some quick SEO on your website. All 10 of these methods act as white hat SEO tactics.
- Don’t Go For “”Guaranteed”” First Page ResultsSome business owners outsource their SEO to agencies or freelancers. If you do this, never hire a company or freelancer who guarantees their results. Most of the people who say things like they can guarantee you a first page ranking for your keyword operate as scammers. Stay far away from them as you possibly can.
- Create Excellent ContentYou can’t rank high in Google without outstanding content. All of your content will need to provide real value to your readers. Google likes longer articles that have a lot of comments. So the next time you put up a blog post, engage your readers in sharing their thoughts.
- Publish New Content On A Regular BasisWhen you publish on a daily or weekly basis, Google will crawl your website more often. This will give you more authority in their eyes. When you put up new content more often, you will often rank higher for your keywords.
- Make Sure Your Website is NavigableWebsite visitors need to navigate your pages easily. You don’t want a situation where users can’t find your content. When people can find the stuff that they need, they will likely come back to your site.
- Improve Your Site’s SpeedGoogle takes into account your site’s speed when it ranks you against your competitors. You also want speed because it creates a good user experience. If your business or personal website takes more than a few seconds to load, it will get ranked lower in the eyes of Google.
- Make Your URLs ShorterDon’t make your URLs too long. Plus, you should put your main keywords in your URL whenever possible. When URLs have a lot of hyphens, they can appear spammy.
- Create Unique Titles For Your ContentMake sure that you put your main keyword into your title. Ranking high on Google without having a keyword in your title is extremely hard these days. Ensure that your titles are catchy and that they contain no more than 55 characters.
- Meta DescriptionsMeta descriptions give Google a summary of your content. When writing your meta description, put your keyword inside of it. Use unique meta descriptions for all of the pages on your website.
- Negativce SEO AttacksNegative SEO attacks happen when your competitors want to knock you off of Google’s first page for your keyword. Sometimes, competitors may build a large number of spammy backlinks to your website. You can use software and apps to protect yourself against these attacks. If you find yourself the subject of this kind of onslaught, file a disavow report to Google.
- Ensure That Your Wesite is Mobile FriendlyIn the past few years, Google has taken serious steps to penalize websites that aren’t mobile friendly. If you make your website accessible to mobile users, Google will take note. This could ultimately result in higher rankings in the long run.