Now that you have a neat idea for a new blog, you should spread the word, increase traffic and get noticed by search engines using these SEO tips.
Selecting the Ideal Domain Name
Choose a name that represents your main blog topics, and make sure it is catchy and easy to remember. Be sure you include your keyword.
User Friendly for Mobile Devices
People are using more tablets, smartphones and other mobile devices to access emails and blogs while on the go. So, you should search for responsive themes, which can adapt to several types of devices.
Create and Maintain a Sitemap
Design your blog using a side bar for navigation on each page. Posts and archives should be accessible on each page to help ensure they are easily crawled. Using Google to create a sitemap may help to get your pages indexed and improve SEO.
Search Engine Submission
Don’t assume that your SEO work will get your site noticed and indexed by SE. It is still necessary to submit each blog manually to many of the largest and most respected search engines (SE).
Get Noticed for Your Expertise
Center your blog on one specific topic. Search engines may assign extra value to any sites which post in depth knowledge of a specific subject matter.
Join Social Media Sites
You may be missing out on traffic if you haven’t joined social media websites. People publish information on these sites daily to get the word out about their brand, content and keep readers up to date.
Make a point of posting information on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook. In all likelihood, your traffic will increase and more of your intriguing content will be shared across the net.
Improving your ranking in search engines results is easily done by getting quality inbound links pointing to your blog site using these methods:
• Write great content. By writing really informative and useful blogs, other web masters and bloggers will naturally link to your blogs.
• Get your site listed in several directories. You can also submit posts to many of these directories with a keyword backlink to your site.
• Exchange links. Search out other blog masters in the same industry or topic that may be interested in exchanging blogs. It’s simple, but often times, it results in some great backlinks, which help to increase page ranks.
Content should always be written with readers in mind, but your blogs must also rank well with search engines so your content can be found. Consider these keyword tips before writing exceptional content.
• Use keywords in page titles.
• Place them in outbound links to authority sites.
• Make a point of placing keywords in all your headings.
• Include keywords in each image alt tag.
• Keywords may still be effective in meta tags.
• Use the keyword within the first paragraph of a post.
• Try for an overall keyword density of 5 percent in each blog post.
Increase Traffic by Adding Content
Adding new, fresh content to your site is a winning situation all the way around. By publishing 16 posts or more each month, you’ll keep readers interested and coming back weekly. Fresh content also draws the attention of SE, which improves SEO.
Using Ping Services
Notify ping service sites when you’ve recently updated your blog. This helps to increase traffic and draw web robots to your site.
There is no magic formula or one simple trick to achieve top ranking results on search pages. However, by using these SEO tips and writing quality blogs, you stand a good chance of increasing your page rank and gaining visitors.