SEO is an industry where changes take place overnight. Google’s algorithm continually changes to make sure that only the most relevant content becomes available through search. This inspires SEO specialists to stay abreast of changes as they happen. Engaged SEO specialists have no alternative but to master the trends that affect search rankings. SEO practitioners should focus on the following.
1. Optimize for relevant and rich answers. Keywords are still important. However, Google’s algorithm also looks for the most relevant and helpful answers. Such rich answers appear at least 20 percent of the time for search results. The focus on rich answers will only increase since Google’s intent is to provide value for users.
2. Keep improving user engagement. User engagement affects user bounce rate, how much time visitors spend on a site, pogo-sticking, and other elements. How often and how long users engage with a site will always be critical ranking components.
While it is hard to pin down how Google ranks user engagement, it is not hard to imagine its influence on search rankings. Engaged visitors and users buy products and services more frequently. They also share experiences with their networks.
3. Optimize for mobile app usage. The mobile market is huge and will only get bigger. People spend a lot of time on their smart devices. Google is still figuring out how to provide mobile users with the best search experience possible. Website owners focus on developing responsive designs that will help increase their site’s loading speed. Internet users are on the move. If they do not find what they are looking for on one site, they will move on to the next.
4. Stay on top of Google’s search quality guidelines. An SEO specialist can never consider their education to be complete. There is always something new to learn. Your Money or Your Life pages set high-quality standards. These pages offer relevant legal, medical, financial, or shopping information.
5. Place value on authoritative content. Reference accredited organizations and people. First-hand experience also works well. Content that utilizes personal experience is a plus with respect to ranking factors.
6. Build authority through influencer marketing. Marketers pay close attention to things like their site’s domain authority, customer testimonials, social media shares, and blog comments. Much of this is an attempt to establish online visibility. Visitors are more likely to engage with relevant and useful content.
Companies that stay on top of their digital marketing game are likely the ones to beat the competition. There are no easy answers. One has to keep pounding the pavement, testing, and evaluating what is working and what is not. Good SEO is constant SEO.