One word for mobile – it is booming. Users are using mobile technology more and more which forces you as a business to embrace this trend. This is because 9 out of 10 mobile searches lead to an action, whether it is a call or a visit to your store. Over half of these searches result in purchases. This is why you need to go mobile, and make your mobile strategy work for you.
Mobile SEO takes your mobile strategy and optimizes it for your users. Mobile users face four main usability hurdles that make their experience challenging. These are:
• Limited screen sizes. Mobility is all about easy-to-carry devices. This means the devices come with small screens that present fewer options at any given time. This makes interactions harder. It is also difficult to find room for multiple windows.
• Awkward input options. It is hard for users to operate such a small interface without the use of mouse and menus. Text entry is slow and full of typos.
• Slow page load speeds. Getting to the next screen takes longer than what happens when you use dial-up, even with a fast 3G connection.
• Wrong design. The use of desktop designs for mobile makes it hard to use the site on these devices.
This is why you need to follow best practices for mobile SEO so that you can give your users a better experience and rank higher in search engines. The best practices include:
Before you set up a mobile SEO strategy, make sure you analyze your current mobile traffic data by use of available analytical tools. Compare your traffic volumes and trends with the conversions from past strategies. Verify the efficiency of your mobile keyword and landing pages.
Additionally, verify your visibility and usability. In this regard, check how your web content is displayed and executed. The content you need to focus on includes your text, images, video, and menus
Build a Separate Mobile-Optimized Site
A good mobile SEO strategy starts with having a different design for your mobile, which is not similar to your computer site. This means you need to have two designs, but you have to cross-link them to make it all work. Offer a clear link from your main site to your mobile site for users who might end up at your full site. Don’t stop there, optimize your mobile website for SEO. How can you do this?
• Use relevant keywords in your copy.
• Write copy for conversion.
• Use relevant images and videos.
• Use both inbound and outbound links.
• Allow users to leave reviews by having a rating button or comment section.
• Use proper navigation for mobile.
At the end of the day, you will work on the requirements set by search engines and have a website that is easy to index by the web spider.
Improve Your Page Loading Speed
Page loading is one of the metrics that search engines use to rank websites. Why is it important to your mobile SEO strategy? A slow-loading website slows down the web crawler. This means that fewer pages of your site will be indexed. Slow loading pages are also bad on mobile Wi-Fi and worse when a user is using mobile 3G.
How can you speed up your site loading speeds for mobile? Here are various ways:
• Remove any unnecessary code from your site design.
More than average site loading speeds ranks you higher in search engines and enhances user experience.
Drive Traffic with Videos
Search engine indexes are returning results that include videos. Create viral videos and attach your website URL as a call to action to drive your site traffic. Other sites will link to your site when you provide high-quality content.