It’s not too late. This year is not done yet. It’s time for you to become aware of these trends if you want to move ahead of your competition. Then, make necessary changes in your marketing campaigns.
1. Video content dominates. If you have been involved in online marketing for at least a few years, you probably know that the use of video content has increased. It is expected that by the end of 2016 visual content will have overtaken article content. It’s time to consider placing more infographic, slide shows and especially videos on your site pages. This is particularly true of business-to-consumer companies, but by 2019 for sure, business-to-business providers need to follow suit. Otherwise, they will be considered “behind the times.”
2. Mobile website optimization is priority. In 2015, mobile searches reportedly surpassed desktop searches for the first time. This, however, is probably not too much of a surprise to you seeing how nearly everyone you know has a smartphone. One of the primary purposes for mobile phone searching is to look for businesses while traveling. This correlates with websites not having as much of a foothold in search engine results if they are not mobile optimized. It might be time to make sure your sites are accessible by mobile phones.
3. Value of social content has increased. Think about it. Where have you spent most of your time interacting lately? Has it been on blogs or forums like you did back in say 2005? The first guess is probably not. You can still use social media to attract blog visitors because content placed on your social networks is now being more readily indexed by search engines. However, you might as well just start taking advantage of the traffic you have on your social media pages.
4. Aggregated content is born. Actually, online news aggregation is not a new phenomenon. It’s been happening for years on sites such as Vine, YouTube, and more. However, Twitter and Facebook are two social media platforms that are taking content aggregation to the next level. You now can use a feature called Moments that instantly shows photos, images, videos and other media. These up-to-the-minute stories keep people waiting for updates in a similar way as does TV news. These live events are funneled to a single channel to make it easier for you to view them. If you are looking for a new way to keep your audience engaged, this is one way for 2016 and 2017.
5. App deep link indexing takes a new turn. Apps have become another important SEO trend. They engage potential buyers while providing convenient tools and services. Now, links that point to specific pages in your app content will be awarded more search engine visibility. This could be your opportunity to attract new buyers and increase the value of your app. If you do not have an app yet, it might be time to make one or have one made. Nowadays, forming mobile software is not at all that expensive — at least not for simple information apps.
If you are procrastinating making these SEO changes for 2016, you better get started as soon as possible. You can find many free and inexpensive tools to help you create multimedia for your blogs and sites. It doesn’t always have to be the most complex product. Even the simplest visual appeals can put you ahead of your competition, and sprinkling your content descriptions with the right amount of keywords is best.