Unless you’re a professional in the field, the world of search engine optimization (SEO) may seem like a foreign language that you can’t learn. But learning this new language doesn’t have to be difficult. If you’re a small business owner, you can do a lot with SEO without diving deep into the areas where experts convene. You also don’t have to spend a whole lot of money while doing this.
This article will give you 13 tips that you can do to grow your small business using simple SEO tactics.
- Quickly Open a Google My Business AccountOpen this account and upload all of your business details onto it. Not only is Google My Business 100% free, it will let you appear in local search results in your field of operation.
- Get a Mobile Website For Your Business If You Haven’t AlreadyYou can easily create a mobile website for your small business with plugins from WordPress or another CMS. By doing it this way, your content can become mobile friendly in an instant.
- Perform Advanced Keyword ResearchIf you target the exact same keywords as your industry peers, you won’t see much success as many of them have already grabbed large sections of the market. Find gaps in the market by using tools such as Google’s Keyword Planner and use them to gain an advantage.
- Begin to Use Google Search ConsoleGoogle Search Console gives you information on your website’s performance in their search results. It also tells you about any errors on your website and the issues that you should take care to correct.
It’s difficult to make corrections to your business website without Google Search Console. The tool allows you to learn what keywords are relevant for your website, whether there are website issues, whether your website is mobile ready, and a whole lot more. When it comes to making improvements on your business website, it’s the place that you need to start.
- Know Your AudienceWho is your ideal customer? What do they want? What websites do they visit? When you know your online audience, you will know what to do to grab their attention and their wallets.
- Get ScreamingFrog TodayAs a small business owner, you don’t want your business website to get compromised. This can affect your performance in search results.
- Get Your Address On Google MapsIf your business has a physical location, make sure that your get your business’ physical address on Google Maps.
- Be YourselfDon’t hire a stranger to run your social media campaigns. You’re the owner of your business. No one knows it better than you, so hiring a representative for social media would be counterproductive.
- Don’t Believe “”Page 1″” Sales PitchesThere is no way that an SEO professional can guarantee a page one ranking on Google. If you come across this sales pitch, run in the other direction.
- Keep One Eye On Professionals You Do HireIf you hire an agency that uses black hat SEO methods to get their results, that can do a lot of damage to your reputation and bottom line. Dodgy SEO companies can get you hit with onerous penalties.
- Keep Up With The NewsKeeping up with SEO industry news will let you know the cutting-edge methods that will put you ahead of your competitors. It will also alert you to the activities that will get you penalized by Google and other search engines.
- Don’t Put All Your Eggs In One BasketGoogle is great, but it makes changes to its search algorithms nearly every day. While you’re working to rank high on Google, do other activities such as email marketing, creating a blog, and building your social media presence.
- Keep a Regular Blog ScheduleIf you choose to create a blog, keep a regular posting schedule. When it comes to ranking high on Google, consistency is key.